Saturday, July 08, 2006

Before the Parade Passes By...


I spent one of my last baby-free Saturday mornings watching the Farmington City Parade (and why not?).
Both of my brothers are in the High School Marching Band, and my Grandpa was voted citizen of the year (He's always been a bit of a local celebrity)... so there were plenty of people to cheer for.

Something about being hugely pregnant makes parade folk very sympathetic. I had people walk around the mob of kids to gently hand me the things they were dispersing. I got 2 popsicles, a water bottle, and a DVD this way. Wahoo for pregnancy perks.

Later today my goal is to pick a bucket of apricot from my grandpa's house and make some jam. Well, I can't very well do much of the picking... but I can make the jam if I can talk someone else into doing to picking! (This is what little brothers are for, right?)


(P.S. - Yeah for EASY freezer jam... and Mr. Renn deciding to take pictures of it!)

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh, my Grandpa's wife and youngest daughter (10-ish) were both riding with him. I think you can see pieces of both of them.

hairyshoefairy said...

Ooh! Apricots sound heavenly right now. I've been binging on cherries recently.

There are definitely perks to being pregnant. My hubby and I went to the Jelly Belly factory and the lady gave me double everything for free. Can't complain about that.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

My husband LOVES apricot jam! I have never made it, but I am sure it will be yummy! David would be jealous! My parents are getting a lot of peaches this year, so I am going to be bottling some of those. Yay for bottled foods!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...